French Toast Vegan Social with Chef Brandon
I thoroughly enjoyed Chef Brandon’s Vegan Social. Brandon loves to cook and cooks 3 to 4 times per day. This is his first public cooking event.
On the Menu: Two types of French Toast.
- Vegan French Toast made with plant based Multigrain Bread, Oat Milk, Nutritional Yeast, Flax Seeds, Granola, Blueberries, Strawberries, and Bananas .
- French Toast made with Brioche bread and Almond Milk, Nutritional Yeast, Flax Seeds, Granola, Blueberries, Strawberries, and Bananas
- Vegetarian Sausage
- Toppings: Syrup and Blueberry Paste (made with Blueberries and Lemon Zest)
- Mimosas with Champagne, Grand Imperial Orange Liqueur, and Orange Juice.
- Earthy Mimosas with Red Beets, Pineapple, Cucumber, Ginger Root, Apple, Mango
- Golden Mimosas with Golden, Ginger Root, Mango, Coconut Flesh, Tumeric, Lemon, Lime, Banana
All of the mimosas were great! Guests really enjoyed the natural fruits and all natural ingredients.
I must say, I was transformed by this vegan social. As you can imagine from the name of my website, http://www.baconandbellini.com, I love bacon. I always said that I could not be a vegan because I.Like.Bacon. and I.Like.Butter. Well, Chef Brandon successfully convinced me that I could live without butter. He introduced me to vegan butter, specifically, Miyoko’s Cultured Vegan Butter made from plants. It is actually Cashew Cream fermented with live cultures. Believe me when I say this vegan butter is amazing. I ate at least 3 tablespoons of it at this event. I had the butter on English muffins and on the vegan french toast. I was blown away by the taste. My next test for this butter is to bake a cake with it. Stay tuned….
Many of Chef Brandon’s recipes are from cookbook “Thug Kitchen”. Everyone enjoyed the breakfast. I am sure there were many more vegan converts.
Listen as Chef Brandon discusses his vegan lifestyle and his favorite vegan dishes.